Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sunny Day Daisies


Hello! I just LOVED creating this card! No stamps, no ink, no coloring....simply dies, dies, dies. This was the criteria for this week's challenge at Joan's Touch.

I love yellow and white paired together, with a touch of black. To me, these colors are so warm and happy and inviting. So these are the colors I chose for my project.

I began with making my card base in black and layered it with white. Next, I die cut all my elements. I used a die from Marianne Creatables Anja's Large Oval die set to cut the large frame in yellow. Following this, I used 2 dies from Marianne Creatables Anja's Vintage Frame to create the center of the large yellow frame, using one die to cut the white center frame and another die to cut the yellow lattice center. I arranged these elements and adhered them together and then popped them on the base card with dimensionals.

The flowers (or daisies as I refer to them) were cut using HFC Delicate Asters dies. I didn't have a circle die small enough for the centers of the daisies so I improvised by using a die from Spellbinders A2 Locking Loops (where there's a will, there's a way). And finally, the leaf sprigs were cut using Poppy Stamps Leafy Sprig die. Both flowers and the leafy sprigs were attached to the yellow frame with dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. I would love if you would become a follower of my blog. You will always know when a new project has been posted. 
Thanks for  visiting and please come again!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Touch  -  Challenge #9
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #67 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  -  Apr 15-21  - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #128 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls  - Challenge #16 - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Wow Olga this is gorgeous. I love the dies you used and the yellow and white are just beautiful. I love it!!!

Pssequimages said...

Wow Wow Wow!!!!! How exquisite!

Unknown said...

Olga, what a beautiful creation! Love all those dies! My favorite kind of card! Thanks for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Gail said...

That is a beautiful card!
Love all the dies you used!

Unknown said...

Olga, I thought the flowers look like Astor's. A very sweet card using dies. Thank you for joining us this week and for posting your beautiful project in our Word Art Wednesday challenge.
Blessings,
Carole

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gloriously beautiful! What wonderful dimension in this card design. An awesome work of art!

Lynne said...

Beautiful

Frann said...

This card is gorgeous! I love everything about it--the choice of dies, the colors, and the layout. It's simply beautiful.

Janet McLaughlin said...

Olga, this card is so gorgeous! But then all your cards are gorgeous! I love these colors together!

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous card love the lace effect dies. Thanks so much for entering the Crafty Girls Challenge - Good Luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx

Sallybee said...

I love this card. It will brighten anyones day xx