Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring in Your Step


Hello, crafters! Spring is in the air but, believe it or not, some areas have had snow. But I'm thinking "spring" and created this card for April's final Twisted Thursday "Anything Goes" challenge at The Outlawz.

I love Japanese Cherry Blossoms and even have a photo of them on my desktop. So I decided to use them in my card project.

I began by preparing my base card in white, sized to 5.25 x 5.25 inches. Because of the dies that I was planning to use, I knew what size base card I would need for this project.

Next,  I cut a 5x5 inch square panel in brown card stock and die cut it using the largest die from Marianne Creatables Anja's Squares. This was adhered to my base.

Now I worked on my focal image panel. I cut a 5x5 inch square panel in white card stock.  I stamped my image, a Rubber Stampede stamp, on the left edge of the panel and colored it with Copics. I added glitter to each flower petal. Using the second largest die from the same Marianne Creatables die set, I cut and embossed this panel and then adhered it to the base card.

I created the sentiment on my computer and then cut it with Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges die. While still in the die, I sponged it with Memento Angel Pink ink. After removing it from the die, I popped it on my focal panel with dimensionals.

This completed my project. I love how the blossoms sparkle, especially when held under a light. It is so pretty!

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Go and get "crafty" and come join us at The Outlawz for the Twisted Thursday "Anything Goes" challenge. We would love to see your creations.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #68 - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #32 - Anything Goes
Caftitude  -  Challenge #63 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  -  Challenge Apr 22-28  - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #53 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown  -  Challenge #192 - Lots of Sparkle
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #129 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations  -  New Challenge - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge  -  Just As You Like Challenge

13 comments:

SCarol said...

Lovely card, beautiful blossom and the framing is really striking.

Unknown said...

The blossoms are so delicate. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
Abundant Blessings, Carole

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous creation - thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown hugs Judith DT x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card depicting spring. And, I am sure the snow will not last long. We only got rain.

Sheila said...

A lovely project, thank you for joining the my craft creations challenge, good luck x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Olga!! Love the die cut, and your image.

Anonymous said...

Hi, A lovely card, love the image and the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafting From The Heart this week. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT and Co Owner x

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Hi Olga a fantastic card love the flowers it gives it a oriental look. Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Crafting from the heart.
Hugs
Fiona dt/blog co-owner x

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Beautiful Blossoms. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

Sarah said...

Love your card! Beautiful die cuts and blossoms! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Sarah said...

Love your card! Beautiful die cuts and blossoms! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Emma said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge for our 'J is for just as you like' challenge xx

Deonna B said...

Fantastic Card and layout! Thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this week.