Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Girl in Yellow


Hello, everyone! I made this card just for fun. I had come across some digital stamps by Art by Miran that I liked and so I decided to use this one (called Lillian) to make a card. I thought this would make a really cute card for a young girl. It also gave me an opportunity to do a lot of coloring with my Copics. And there was a lot of coloring here, especially the hair. It took me several tries to get it just right, or what I thought was just right. But I'm sorry to say it was a dreary and rainy day and I didn't have good lighting when I took a photo of my card. So...sadly, the vibrant colors aren't very intense or even very visible.

I made my base using GKD Pure Luxury Christmas Pine card stock. I layered the base card with white and then added another layer of digital dotted swiss patterned paper.

The green panel (same color as base) was die cut with the largest die from Spellbinders A2 Polka Dots die set and adhered to the base. The little girl image was colored with Copics and then adhered to the green panel.

To add a little extra to the focal point, I created a bow from yellow ribbon and adhered it to where there was an actual image of a bow which I had already colored. The sentiment is from GKD Buds and Vases stamp set and was cut and embossed with the smallest die from Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles.

This completed my project. I hope you liked it. Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll stop by again.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s)
TTCRD  -  Challenge Apr 1-8  - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -   Challenge #126 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #65 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  Alcohol Markers Challenge - CPC032814
Sister Act  -  Challenge #50 - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #29 - Patterned Paper
Crafty Girls  - Challenge #15 Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #12 - Anything Goes
Craftitude  -  Challenge #61 - Anything Goes


7 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hello Olga
Fabby card ... Love the cute image...,
Thanks for joining us at Fan-Tadtic Tuesday
Hugs Sylvie xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful card with that super sweet image and lovely die cute. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday Olga. Blessings, Carole

Verna Angerhofer said...

A lovely card Olga. Great colors and image.

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create
Rachel DT

Crafty Judith said...

gorgeous card hun and thank you for sharing with us at CFTH x

Unknown said...

Super cute image, and your coloring is spot on my dear. This is just a darling card, looks like you had fun making it!

Jeannie said...

What a little sweetheart and beautiful coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

Jeannie Thomas
TTCRD Design Team