Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Girl in Bonnet


Hello, everyone! The Design Team at The Outlawz has showcased their creations for this week's Twisted Thursday challenge. Thursday's challenges are always "Anything Goes"........but there's always an optional "twist." This week's twist was to make a "birthday card."

If I haven't mentioned it in previous posts, sponsors for April's challenges are Nicecrane Designs and Paper Temptress.

For my card I selected a Nicecrane Designs image from a set called Adorable Girls. I printed out the image on white card stock and colored it with Copic markers. Next, using a die from Spellbinders Classic Squares Large, I cut the image into a square and using craft decorative scissors, I cut around all four edges. Then, using the next larger size from the same set, I cut another square. I used decorative scissors once again on all four edges and then sponged GKD Grass Green ink on those edges. I used this square panel to mat my image panel. I then put this aside while I worked on building up my base card.

I used purple card stock to make my base card. Next, I layered it with patterned paper. I die cut a frame in purple using Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles and adhered it to my base. The base card was now ready for placement and positioning of my focal point image.

I used dimensionals to adhere my focal image to my base card. The sentiment was computer generated and die cut with Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges and then the edges were sponged with the same ink as those of the focal point.

To finish off my card I die cut ivy leaves in green card stock using Cheery Lynn Ivy Corner Flourish. I adhered the leaves to my card, overlapping parts of my focal image, and my project was complete.

I hope you enjoyed this post and were inspired to create and participate in this week's challenge at The Outlawz. Have a wonderful day!'

And one final note......wishing all a Happy and Blessed Easter!

This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #67 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  -  Apr 14-21 - Anything Goes
Mod Squad  -  Spring Color Challenge
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #128 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #16  - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
FOSTV  -  Challenge #120


7 comments:

Evelene said...

This card is so lovely and attractive. The purple color, the placement of the image, and every single element complement each other. Nice one Olga!!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Olga!
Lovely image and the die is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges again.
Sandra

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and love the colors you used for your entry to the Mod Squad challenge.

~ginny said...

Your Copic skills are wonderful Olga! Her hair, the dots on her bonnet and the flowers are especially creative! I like the layering as well toots! Thank you so much for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create:
#68 ATG [with optional "Reuse or Recycle in honor of Earth Day"]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Janine said...

Lovely card and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at FOSTV with purple and white.

Cat Tidwell said...

OH so gorgeous! Love the vine layed like that too! nice little touch! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at the Mod Squad Blog this week!

Hath said...

Beautiful design!. Thanks for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz -hope to see you again for a furture challenge. hugs Angelie