Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cinderella's Shoes


Hi, my creative friends! I really enjoyed making this card today. I don't know why, but it just put a big smile on my face. It was made for StampTV's MIUM challenge which required participants to use the same image stamped 3 times.

I started with a base card in white card stock sized to 5x7 inches. Using the 2 largest dies from Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics B I embossed a frame on the base card. Next, I adhered a layer of turquoise dotted swiss patterned paper from my stash. I put this aside.

I used the shoes stamp from GKD You've Got Style stamp set and stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink three (3) times on white card stock. Next, I colored each pair of shoes with Copics and then die cut and embossed each with a die from Spellbinder's Captivating Squares. To add a bit of sparkle to the shoes I added a drop of Stickles to the bow.
The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was stamped in black ink and then cut and embossed with Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals Large.

As a final step the shoe images and sentiment were popped onto the base with dimensionals and that completed my card.

I hope that, like me, it put a big smile on your face too. Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back again soon with another project.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -   Challenge #30 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #126 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -   Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Craftitude  -   Challenge #62 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  - Challenge Apr 8-14 - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luck x

Jo Ann said...

Such cute colors in here and love that aqua green, polka dot DP. Just perfect! We are so blessed that you joined us at our Word Art Wednesday Challenge this week. Hope you join us again shortly in our new Challenge. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 29:11, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

Hugs always,

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another super great card design. I love your pretty shoes!

Bonnie Irvine said...

What a lovely card design. The pretty die cut squares contrast so well with the dotty background paper, The shoes with their touch of sparkle are so cute and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes/Corrugated Challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I hope you join us again soon.