Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thinking of You in Teal



Hello, everyone! In yesterday's post I promised to share  another card today which I made for a challenge at Joan's Touch. I just love the peach and teal colors together. They are so soft and remind of spring which, hopefully, will arrive here soon.

My base card is white, layered with peach and then teal. For the focal point layer I cut a white panel, scored it on all 4 sides and adhered it to my base card. Next, I cut an intricate circular shape in white card stock using Marianne Craftables Tiny's Hearts die. My sentiment is from GKD Dogwood & Butterfly stamp set and was stamped in this circle in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I matted that with a teal circle created with Spellbinders Standard Circles die. This finished circle was then adhered to my base and put aside while I worked on the actual focal point.

In creating my flower, I stamped HFC Sun Kissed Fleur stamp on white card stock and colored each flower with Copic markers. This stamp is one very large stamp and includes different size flower petals and leaves. Next, I cut the flowers with HFC Sun Fleur die,  a large die which cuts all the flowers petals at once. After cutting I shaped the flower petals and layered them to create the completed flower. I added a peach pearl to the center.

The butterfly is layered: the bottom layer is a peach digital butterfly stamp which I cut out. The top intricate layer was created with Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly die in black card stock. The two layers were then attached to each other.

Finally, I put the card together. I cut two leafy swirls in green card stock using Marianne Creatables Anja's Vintage Swirls die and adhered them, one on either side of the circle. The flower was positioned in the upper part of the circle and popped on to the circle with dimensionals. The butterfly was positioned in the lower portion of the circle and also popped on with dimensionals.

This completed my card. I hope you like it and stop by often to see what I've shared on my blog.  Thanks for visiting and have a creative day!


This card was entered into the following challenges:
Joan's Touch  -  Challenge #4
613 Avenue Create  -   Challenge #63 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  - Challenge #48 - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody  -   Challenge #39 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge  -  Challenge #102 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #123 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #9 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  Twisted Thursday - T031314
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Challenge #106 - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations  - Challenge Mar 3 - 16


17 comments:

Gail said...

You are 'ROCKIN' the peach & teal!

Joan Fricker said...

Olga another gorgeous card. I love the design and your perfect blend of colors.
beautifully done!!
Thanks again for joining us Joan's Touch for this weeks challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just as lovely as could be, Olga. I love the texture and dimension you've given this, and just love it.
Thanks for sharing with us. It's wonderful having you play along, and I appreciate it very much.
Bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Man, I just LOVE all your dies. I want them all. Your colors are gorgeous - and so is your layout and design. You are so talented!!!

Alycia said...

Olga, this is just lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Sister Act! -Alycia

Ginny B said...

Olga, you have created another gorgeous card. You are so gifted! I forget that subtle detail of scoring the edges--it adds texture and interest without drawing attention away from the focal point. Beautiful work!
Blessings,
Ginny B

Cheryl Wright said...

Love this, Olga! Absolutely stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty soft colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Anyone for Anya DT
Stampavie and More DT
Creative Fingers DT 

Unknown said...

Olga,
The delicate die cuts are sensational. This is a beautiful work of art and I thank God you’ve shared your talent with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

ionabunny said...

Very beautiful card and design. Love the circle cut and the gorgeous flower

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great layout and beautiful colors. Love that flower!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Olga!! Love the flower.

Janet McLaughlin said...

Just gorgeous, Olga! Love that flower and butterfly!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Hath said...

Beautiful design! Thanks for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz - good luck! hugs Angelie

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous card and love the beautiful teal colour,gorgeous dies a very elegant card-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Unknown said...

Great project.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our anything goes challenge . Hope you will join us again hugs Tania (DT)xx