Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Celebrate Your Day



 Here is another card I made for Joan's Touch (pink, white, lattice and flowers) challenge.

I had in mind what I wanted as the end result so I knew that I would need a 5x5" card base which I made in pink card stock.  Next, I cut 2 dies in white card stock from Marianne Creatables Anja's Squares, one of which had heart shaped lattice patterns around all four edges. I adhered these two die cut panels together using dimensionals and then adhered them to my base card.

I cut the flowers using Memory Box Bella Bouquet die. I cut these twice...once in white card stock and a second time in green. While still in the die, I colored the white flowers with Copic markers and then cut them off and discarded the white stems. Next, I paper pieced the white colored flowers onto the green cutout flowers which left me with a pretty bouquet of white and pink flowers on green stems. These were then adhered to the white latticed layer of my card.

I stamped my sentiment, from GKD Signs of Spring, on white card stock, cut it out with Spellbinders Beaded Ovals die and sponged it with Memento Angel Pink ink while still in the die. I added a ribbon to the flower stems and attached my sentiment on top of the ribbon. 

Hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for stopping by!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Touch  -  Challenge #6
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #64 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  -  Mara 25-31 - Anything Goes
Fantastic Tuesday  -   Challenge #28 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #125 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls -  Challenge #14  - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #49 - Anything Goes


15 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Oh my Olga this is stunning gorgeous. I love everything about it. You just cant beat Marrianne's beautiful dies.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for the weekly challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING. GORGEOUS! STUNNING! I LOVE the fabulous dimension and those flowers are amazing! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

PS: I'm your newest follower! :) I'd love for you to hop over to my blog (On a Stampage)--I have blog candy up for grabs! :)

Unknown said...

Such a card, that soft pink base and those pristine die cuts are amazing. You are quite an artist Olga. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Ginny B said...

Olga, you make the most stunningly beautiful cards!

Blessings,

Ginny B

Melanie Smith said...

Amazing! Thank you for participating over at TTCRD! Hope to see you next week. Melanie DT

Mrs. Swandog said...

Wow! Your card is awesome!

Unknown said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS Olga!!! I love the dies, I'm just a die junky. You have used them beautifully here. Your colors are beautiful too. This card is just so feminine and stunning.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Olga, that is so beautiful! I love the die and how you added those gorgeous pink flowers over the top. I can see I need to check out Memory Box dies again one of these days. Looks to be some amazingly lovely ones you are using.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww, I am falling in lovw with this one,,,,

Unknown said...

What a fabulous design, thank you for sharing with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love to see you back again next week for another fun challenge......Good Luck
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
XX

Karen Letchworth said...

How perfectly lovely, Olga. Your card is gorgeous, and I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping by to share with us and be a part of our challenge.
God bless you, and please stop by again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Cathy P said...

WHat a gorgeous card, Olga. I love the dimension you gave it. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog. Cathy xx

Sara S. said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for dropping this off at 613 Avenue Create!

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Wowee! Fabulous card.... I have that Die unused as yet.....
Thanks for joining us at Fan Tastic Tuesday this week
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Theresa's Studio said...

Love both your entries at Joan's this week. Beautiful use of the colors and lattice.