Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Christmas Blessings




I just love the traditional Christmas colors: red, green and white. I find them to be so festive and cheerful....and oh so Christmassy!

So here is another Christmas card I made using the traditional colors. I started with a 5x5" base card in white. I added a red layer. Next, I embossed a white layer with a Darice Stripe Background EF and adhered it to the red layer. I cut a panel from red card stock using one of the dies from Spellbinders Marvelous Squares and stamped the sentiment (PTI Signature Christmas) in Versamark and then embossed it with gold EP. This was then adhered to the white layer.

The poinsettia flowers (HFC Christmas Poinsettia) were stamped on red card stock with Versamark, embossed in gold and then cut with HFC Sun Kissed Fleur die. I layered the different size flowers to create the completed poinsettia and adhered it to the lower left corner of the red panel. Finally, I cut some pine sprigs in green card stock with Poppy Stamps Pine Sprigs dies and adhered them to the poinsettia.

As much as I love the traditional colors of Christmas, I plan to make other cards using other colors. But time and time again, I come back to the reds and greens.

Hope you enjoyed this post and will create today!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
TTCRD - Oct 1-7 Challenge - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #100 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #26  -  Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #39 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz - GCC 0930 - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge Blog  - Challenge #163 - Anything Goes


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Beuatiful card Olga, that poinsetta is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Unknown said...

What an elegant Christmas card! Very well done! Thanks for playing along at Sister Act!

Good Luck!

Trisha-DT

NanaConnie said...

FIrst saw this gorgeous poinsettia over at Outlawz, Olga, and now I get to visit with a DT hat on my head. :-D Thanks so much for playing along this time at 613 Avenue Create. Hope to see you here again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful! I prefer traditional Christmas colors as well. I really like all the texture and detail you included. Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Olga. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. It's a real joy to have you play along and bless us with your sweet creations!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday