Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

White Christmas Poinsettia



Here is another Christmas card I made for this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens. However, the glitter on the poinsettia and the holly branch doesn't show up at all in this photo.

I started out with an ivory card base. Next, I embossed a green layer using a Darice Interlocking Circles EF and adhered it to the base card. The holly branch was cut from ivory card stock with Memory Box Holly Vine die and adhered to the green layer. Red pearls were added to the vine to represent berries. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Bells & Boughs and was stamped on ivory and then cut with Marianne Passe-Partout Oval die and popped on.

The poinsettia was created in ivory using Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia dies. While still in the die, I sponged each petal with Memento Desert Sand ink. Next, I added glitter to the petals, shaped and layered them to make the flower. I also added glitter and shaped the poinsettia leaves. I felt the poinsettia needed something more so I added additional leafy branches cut by an MS punch. And finally, I added a pearl for the flower's center.

I'm disappointed that the photo does not show the glitter on the poinsettia and leaves. It really sparkles!

Thanks for visiting and here's hoping you've been inspired to create today!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Gardens  -   JG0718
MFP Speedy TV  - Challenge #54 - Simple Salutations
613 Avenue Create -  Challenge #29 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge #156 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  - Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Oozak  -  Challenge #18 - Anything Goes with Texture


8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful classy card Olga. I love the white and black together. Great job!
thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Pssequimages said...

Wonderful techniques, Olga, and WOW what a stunning card!

Nancy Hill said...

Love the poinsettia and holly leaves. Very beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Olga, lovely flower!!!
hugs
Donna

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card! Love the black and white. Thank you for playing along with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge #54.

Olga Moore said...

Thank you for the nice comments. I guess my card does look like it's black and white on some computers. But it's actually a dark spruce green. Maybe I should have taken the photo using a lighter backdrop instead of the black one.

Samantha Casey said...

Pretty card! I love the flower! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ooh lovely, glitter is hard to photograph isn't it, thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x