Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

On My Mind




Sunday's challenge at The Outlawz called for a clean and simple card....with pearls added. This is what I created for that challenge.

I used white card stock for my base. I cut and embossed a blue layer with the largest die from Spellbinders Matting Basics A and adhered it to the card base. For my focal image I cut and embossed a white layer using Spellbinders Matting Basics B. For my images I used various botanical stamps from different stamp sets. Using Memento Blue Danube ink, I first stamped my image on a piece of scrap paper and then stamped it on the white layer. I did that with each image to give it a soft look. My sentiment is from PTI Blooming Button Bits and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I added a border around the white panel with a Memento marker.

The butterfly images were cut with Spellbinders Les Papillions Two, the solid one on blue card stock and the outline on white. I adhered the two together and added 3 blue pearls on top. 

This was a quick and very easy card to make. I think the images used would be appropriate for a sympathy card as well.


This card was entered in the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz - CAS060913

No comments: