Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Just for You II




The card I made today was for a sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. Here's a photo of the sketch:

I started out with an ivory card base, the front of which I embossed with a Darice embossing folder. I made two curved borders with Spellbinders Curved Borders One dies: one with open scallops in a dark brown patterned paper, the other with just a plain curved border in a lighter brown patterned paper. I adhered the two together, allowing the scalloped border to show from underneath the plain border. This was then adhered to the left half of the front of the base card. 

The flower was created with HFC Sun Kissed Fleur stamp, which is a large stamp of various size flower petals, and then cut with the coordinating HFC Sun Kissed Fleur die. I used Copics to color some petals in blue and others in brown. I alternated the colors when I arranged the flower and added a pearl to the center. The leaf branch was cut from brown paper with a Memory Box Lorelei Leaf die.

The sentiment (GKD Spring Mix STV Kit) was stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle ink and sponged with TH Distress Ink while still in the die. Then Memento Rich Cocoa ink was sponged on all four edges of the sentiment.

I wanted the flower to stand out. If I chose brown or ivory as my color choices for the flower, I felt it would just get lost in the background. I love blue and brown together so I decided to use blue and brown to create the flower. The blue in the flower just draws the eyes to it. I do like how it turned out. Hope you liked it too.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a crafty day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s)
Freshly Made Sketches  -  Challenge #92 - FMS92


2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flower and your curved edge is lovely! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Olga! I love that fabulous flower! Super colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!