Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Gift From Above




Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Hope it was a memorable one!

"Y" is the theme of my card project for today, meaning that I needed to make a card that contained an image that began with the letter "Y" or had the letter "Y" in the sentiment. I chose to use an image of "Y"arn, one ball of which was "Y"ellow.

I used ivory card stock for the base. I cut a strip of brown card stock and die cut and embossed it with Spellbinders Curved Borders. Using the same die, I cut a panel in kraft and embossed it with a Darice basket weave embossing folder. I adhered the brown and kraft layers, allowing the brown layer to show from underneath the kraft layer. This was then adhered to the base.

The basket of yarn image, from GKD Close Knit Friends stamp set, was stamped on ivory card stock, colored with copics and then cut with one of the dies from Spellbinders Decorative Labels One and sponged with Memento Desert Sand. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was stamped on ivory, cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals Small and sponged. The focal image and sentiment were popped on to the card and a bow was added to complete the project.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
 Speedy Fox and Friends -  Challenge #164


4 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Olga, this is lovely! Gorgeous design! Very pretty yellow ball of yarn! I have scrolled up and down your blog and you create beautiful cards! I am now a follower of your blog! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Gail said...

Lovely card Olga- I especially like your color choices and the yellow ball of yarn too! Thanks for buzzing over to Speedy Fox and Friends this week ~ and please come again - good luck on the draw too! Gail DT

Winnie and Patty said...

Very cute card Olga! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

wannabcre8tive said...

Love the curved border and fab layout. Thanks, for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.