Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Forever Friends



I recently purchased several floral dies and/or stamps and wanted to work with them right away. And this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens was the perfect time. The criteria for the challenge included embossing the background, using pink and black as the color theme and using an oval. 

I started out with white card stock for my base. I cut a pink layer and used a Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page punch to create my design on all four edges. (Unfortunately, I never labeled any of my MS punches so I don't know their names). I then cut another layer in white card stock and embossed it with a Darice embossing folder. Both the pink and white layers were then adhered to the white base card.

The black flourish was created with a Memory Box Amira Flourish die. For the oval I used two different Spellbinder die sets: Floral Ovals for the black oval and Beaded Ovals for the white oval. The sentiment was computer generated.

Now for the flower. This was created from two Marianne Creatables Flowers Fantasy dies, one large and one small. After cutting out and embossing these flowers, and while still in the die,  I sponged them with Memento Angel Pink ink, layered the small flower over the larger one and adhered them together. I love the way it turned out. For the center, I added some tiny black beads. The flower was then popped onto the flourish with dimensionals and fern leaves added, made  by a Martha Stewart punch, to complete the look.

Hope you like this card as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Have a crafty day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Gardens - JG0606


2 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Olga, this is gorgeous. Love the soft colors and the embossing makes the card. Great job on your flowers too.

Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Ginny B. said...

Olga, this card is just stunning. I love the flower and the flourishes you used. It has just the right amount of black on it to accent and anchor the card. Beautiful job!