Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Every Day Worth Celebrating



Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. I've enjoyed mine by doing some craft shopping and stocking up on my supplies.

Here's what I made today for the CDAC challenge.....that took me since yesterday.  My MOJO was nowhere to be found.... I call it "crafter's block".  I hope I'm not alone in this dilemma.

This card measures 5x5 inches. All card stock is from GKD. The base is innocent pink in color. I cut a  layer from white card stock and punched a scalloped edge across the top using an MS punch. Then I cut a scalloped border on the bottom edge with one of the  Spellbinders Curved Borders dies.  The sentiment (GKD Stately Flowers 6) was stamped in black and embossed with clear EP.  I cut a smaller black layer and cut a border on the bottom edge with the same curved border die. The white and black layers were adhered together with the black layer peeking out from under the white. This was then adhered to the pink card base.

The flower was created by stamping several different sizes from the stamp set (HFC Bold Delicate Asters) onto white card stock, colored with Copics and then cut out with HFC Delicate Asters dies and adhered together. The black centers were created using the same die set as were the larger green leaves. The smaller fern leaf branch was made by an MS punch.

When finished, I took several photos of this card because I wanted the camera to pick up the dimensional scope of the flower.  This photo seemed to be the best one.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
CDAC - Anything Goes



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply stunning CAS card! Love the layered flower and the sentiment.Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes