Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Birthdays Are Feathers




Sunday's CAS challenge at The Outlawz was themed "Pillow Fight". No, we didn't have to create anything with pillows....it was feathers! Anything having to do with feathers was to be shown on our project, be it a bird or feather duster, etc., as long as it followed the CAS (clean and simple) challenge guidelines. 

I started out with a base card in apple green (GKD). I didn't have any feather stamps that I felt would fit the bill so I did some searching and found a peacock feather digital stamp. I also found a quote on line that I really liked and that I thought could be used as a sentiment on this card since it complimented the feather image. I printed out the feather and sentiment on white card stock (GKD), quickly and easily colored the feather with Copics, and layered it on the green base. I cut 2 thin strips of the green card stock and adhered them to the left side of the focal point layer.

This was a quick and easy project. I do love CAS challenges. Less is always more.
Happy Crafting!


This card was entered in the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz - CAS "Pillow Fight"


No comments: