Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thinking of You Poppies


Yesterday's Copic/Promarker coloring challenge at The Outlawz was themed "One Layer" where we were to make a card with an image stamped and colored on the base card or use only one layer over the card base and place our image there. I opted to put a layer over my card base.

I chose tan leather card stock (GKD) to use for my base card. I embossed a white layer with a Darice Interlocking Circles EF. I left the center of the embossed layer smooth because I wanted to stamp and color an image in the center. The poppy image is a stamp from GKD's Stately Flowers I stamp set which I colored with Copics and added black Stickles to the center. The sentiment, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, is from GKD's Dogwood & Butterfly stamp set. I added a ribbon and made a cheater bow to complete the look. I liked the contrast between the base cardstock, the orange poppy and the white. Hope you like it as well.

This card was entered in the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz - Copic/Promarker Challenge CPC052413



No comments: